Day: 07 Sub: English Std.: 9th
7. Career Guidance
Listen attentively to a variety of programmes.
Listen attentively to an entire speech, story, poem, programme, etc.
Teacher reads the following extract in a very clear voice explaining why we need career guidance in our life.
Teacher asks student to read it silently and answer the questions.
Time has changed so has education. Some years ago students wanted to become either engineers or doctors, but nowadays several opportunities are there in several sectors of education. Including the main streams of Arts, Commerce and Science. There are several
streams like technology, biotechnology, fashion technology, information technology, bioinformatics, management studies, forensic science, law, industry, travel and industry, mass communication, public relations, defence services and so on. The availability of various options leaves students confused. And here is the need for career guidance. After completing matriculation and junior college studies, students are more confused.
The decision taken at this stage is really a crucial one. At this stage career guidance or vocational guidance plays a vital role. It tests the students’ potential and shows them the correct path as far as his/her career is concerned. Apart from it, a number of colleges, availability of seats, fee structure, application duration and job prospects are also given due focus on career guidance. It also focuses proper light on soft skills needed for specific jobs.In the case of pursuing higher studies abroad, the road map is clearly mentioned in career guidance. It shares not only the information on admission criteria and scholarships but also placement opportunities. In this regard, career guidance is playing a very
significant role in the lives of students.
Tick whether the following statements are true or false.
Teacher writes the following sentences on the board.
2) We need to focus on our studies.
3) There are limited streams of education.
4) Career guidance plays a vital role only in domestic education.
5) One can easily seek his/her future with the help of career guidance.
6) Career guidance should be taken while one is studying in class X and class XII.
1) There is competition in every sector. true
2) We need to focus on our studies. true
3) There are limited streams of education. false
4) Career guidance plays a vital role only in domestic education. false
5) One can easily seek his/her future with the help of career guidance. true
6) Career guidance should be taken while one is studying in class X and class XII. true
Note down the advantages of career guidance in your notebook.
The advantages of career guidance:
- Career guidance is beneficial for people who want direction in their professional journey.
- It helps individuals understand their strengths, interests, and skills, which helps them make informed career choices.
- Career guidance provides valuable information about various industries, jobs, and the education needed for those jobs.
- It helps individuals set realistic career goals and enhances their chances of getting hired by teaching them skills like resume writing and interview preparation.
- Career guidance offers personalized support, boosting confidence and motivation.
- In summary, career guidance helps people make better career decisions, navigate the job market, and succeed in their chosen paths.
Collect the news and articles based on career guidance published in various newspapers and share them with your class and teachers.