Speech is an address or a talk or expression of ideas or views given in public. Very often we hear speeches given by great men and women. We are often inspired by their words of wisdom. Speeches are also given on special occasions and events.
*Things to remember before giving a speech:
I) Always address the audience before you begin talking on the topic.
2) Address the dignitaries present based on the protocol i.e. significance of the post held by them.
3) Start your speech with a beautiful introduction.
4) Let there be a variety in the ideas expressed. Include humorous anecdotes and personal experiences to make your speech interesting.
5) Keep it interactive, wherein the audience is forced to think about the ideas expressed by you.
6) Conclude in a logical manner after you cover all the aspects of the topic.
*For Impressive Speech:
- Speak whenever you can.
- Positive attitude, above all else is important
- Feel confident, display confidence.
- Appearance matters. Put your best foot forward.
- Practice leads to perfection. Practise hard.
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Plan your ideas .
*Steps towards drafting better speech:
l) Read the topic well.
2) Organise the ideas related to the topic by eliminating the ones which are not very important or relevant.
3) In your rough draft, replace ordinary words with words which are specific and ones which will be etched in the minds of the reader.
4) Your sentence formation may be simple, but it should be grammatically correct.
5) Use Imagery and word pictures wherever possible.
6) Avoid controversial statements.
7) Begin and end on a positive note.
- A speech to be delivered
on Independence Day.
Respected Head-Mistress, teachers and my dear friends, Greetings on the occasion of the Independence Day.
Let us for a moment remember with gratitude all the great men and women who sacrificed their life for the independence of our country, our motherland. Let us also remember the member of our Armed Forces who are working tirelessly to safeguard our country from all dangers. It is rightly said that freedom needs guardians. We must safeguard it at all cost.
Since independence we have been a developing nation. The time has come to intensify our efforts to become a developed nation in the truest sense. Each one of us must do our part to take our nation on the path of progress and prosperity.
We should together work to solve the problems of our society – both social and economic faced by our country. Since independence we have achieved and accomplished
many things. We have made scientific advancements and technological progress. We are showing growth in many areas. Together on this Independence Day let us pledge to take our nation to even greater heights of glory. As students let us remember the words of Dr AP J Abdul Kalam:
“The country does not deserve anything less than success from us, let us aim for success.”
Together we can and we will make a difference!
A speech on the occasion of the
Farewell Party to your teacher.
Respected Head-Mistress, teachers and my dear friends,
I am honoured to express my feelings for our teacher Mrs. Moraes, one of our best teachers. The teacher who believed in the principle of ‘Leaming by doing’. her class was always filled with laughter and joy.
She made learning so simple. She was loving, caring and affectionate at all times. She always reminded us, “Education is not about marks. It is what a fine individual you are at the end of the educational process.”
She nurtured in us the qualities of determination, dedication, commitment and positive attitude. She always had our best interest in her mind and armed us with the strength to become successful individuals and great human beings. We will always cherish the beautiful lessons of life you imparted.
Our pillar of strength, you will be missed madam. We will always remember your words.
“In whatever you do. Aim to excel,
For what’s worth doing,
Is worth doing well.
May you be happy and healthy at all times. The gentlest person we know madam, you will remain in our hearts forever.
Thank you, teacher, for all that you have done for us.
(3) A speech to be delivered on the occasion of
World Environment Day
Respected Head-Mistress, teachers and my dear friends,
Today is World Environment Day.
Observed every year, on 5th June, it is an initiative by the United Nations· to raise awareness about environmental problems and the need to conserve. preserve and protect the environment. The environmental problems in the form of deforestation, soil erosion,
pollution. extinction of animals, depletion of ozone layer etc. are on a rise. On this day we should pledge to become selfless and become more responsible toward s the environment we are a part of.
Tree plantation drives, cleanliness drives. creating awareness regarding the ill-effects of pollution etc. are a few simple steps we can take to stop environmental deterioration. It .is high time we take responsibility of OUJ action and take charge of the environment.
We have to understand 1that nature is giving us warning regarding the natural balance which is upset due to o u r thoughtless actions. We shou Id sustain the beauties and bounties of nature as we walk on tl1e path of development. The harm is already done, undoing it is impossible. We can surely rectify our mistakes by not repeating them. Let us remember the words of Gandhiji: “There is enough in this world for everyone’s nee d but not for everyone’s greed.”
As responsible world citizens. let us resolve to work towards a greener world. a heathy environment. The future lies in our responsible actions. Let us remember: • We have not inherited planet from our ancestors but borrowed it from our future generations.’
Let us handle it with care.