Q.1) Select the correct alternative from the given options. (10 Marks)
1) Find out the synonym of ‘buoyant’
a) gloomy b) sullen c) morose d) cheerful
Ans: d) cheerful
2) Select the correct past participle of ‘lay’
a) lays b) laying c) laid d) layed
Ans: c) laid
3) Give the proper punctuation/s in the following sentence.
she said to her mother how dearly i love you
Ans: She said to her mother, “How dearly I love you.”
4) Complete the word chain with appropriate nouns.
a) Ear bud, daughter, rose, ……….. ………….. …………… …………..
Ans: Ear bud, daughter, rose, elephant, tiger,
5) Select the correct pronunciation of the underlined word.
Have you read any novels?
a) /ri:d/ b) /rI:Ed/ c) /rEd/ d) /rEI:d/
Ans: a) /ri:d/
6) Contracted form of ‘you are’ is
a) your b) you’re c) your’s d) your’e
Ans: b) you’re
7) We give full stop at the end of.
1) declarative 2) imperative 3) statement 4) interrogative
a) 1, 2, 3, 4 b) 1, 2, 3 c) 1 and 2 d) 2, 3, 4
Ans: b) 1, 2, 3, (declarative, imperative, statement)
8) The group of fish is called as ……………….
a) swarm b) group c) shoal d) flock
Ans: c) shoal
9) The person who does not believe that God or gods exist is called ……………..
a) Theist b) atheist c) athlete d) atomistic
Ans: b) atheist
10) Unfortunately, your friend failed in SSC Examination, you happened to see him on the way, what will you say to him?
a) all the best! b) congratulations! c) better luck next time d) well done.
Ans: c) better luck next time
Q.2) Answer the following questions. (10 Marks)
1. Draw sad emoji
2) Put the following words in alphabetical order.
absolute, ability, abscess, absence, abundance, abstract,
Ans: ability, abscess, absence, absolute, abstract, abundance
3) What is the root word of ‘acceptability’.
Ans: Root word of ‘acceptability’: ‘Accept’
4) I perform with puppets. Who am I?
Ans: Perform with puppets: Puppeteer
5) You like mushrooms. (Add question tag)
Ans: You like mushrooms, don’t you?
6) Replace the underlined words.
7) Write any two good qualities of trees.
Ans: Two good qualities of trees:
i) Trees produce oxygen, which is essential for life on Earth.
ii) Trees provide habitats for various wildlife and contribute to biodiversity.
8) What does the following idiom mean? ‘at sixes and sevens’
Ans: ‘At sixes and sevens’ idiom means: In a state of confusion or disarray, being uncertain or undecided about something.
9) Suggest one word for the following.
‘An animal that has a female horse and a male donkey as parents, used especially for carrying loads’ is called
Ans: One word for ‘An animal that has a female horse and a male donkey as parents, used especially for carrying loads’ is called a ‘Mule.’
10) What do you want to be? Why?
Ans: I want to be a well-known photographer, because I like to capture the beautiful memories in form of photos.
Q.3) Explain the following questions: (10 Marks)
Do you like your school? Why? Why not?
Ans: Yes, I like my school very much. Because for me, school is temple of knowledge where I get everything whatever I want. It is a place where my overall personality is developing.
2) How do you help your friends?
Ans: Friends are my part and parcel of my life. I help my friends in completing their homework, for completing any project or solving any problem.
3) Make a list of animals you see in the zoo.
List of animals in the zoo:
- Polar bears
4) Write a few sentences about your favourite sports person.
Ans: My favourite sports person is Sachin Tendulkar. Tendulkar is a legendary cricketer known for his batting skill and record-breaking achievements. He is respected by commentators, critics, and fellow players. Tendulkar has played 200 test matches over 24 years and holds the record for the highest number of centuries. He has received prestigious awards and is regarded as the “God of Cricket.”
5) Why do we celebrate festivals?
Ans: Indian festivals are celebrated for various reasons. They are important for religion, culture, and community. People gather to worship their gods, keep their customs alive, and bond with others. Festivals also mark seasons, remember history, and bring happiness. They help the economy by attracting tourists and supporting local businesses. In short, festivals are about celebrating, coming together, and taking a break from daily routines.