Day: 06 Sub: English Std.: 9th
6. Public Announcements
: Responds to the instructions and announcements in school and public places
such as railway station, market, bus stand, airport, cinema hall, malls and
Reflect on what is heard/presented.
Teacher asks student to sit in pairs and hands a list of words and their
definitions to the pairs.
Teacher asks student to match the words with their appropriate definitions in pairs.
Teacher asks a pair to share their answers with the class.
Teacher asks student to check whether the answers are correct.
1) Match the words with their definitions
2) Let’s read the transcript slowly.
Teacher divides the class into two.
Asks student to listen carefully to the announcement read by the teacher.
Asks student in one half divided class to ask the questions that follow to the students in remaining half divided class and vice versa.
Your attention, please! Good morning to all! This is a platform for all the passengers
who are going to Aurangabad. Train No. 1240 is delayed by approximately 10 minutes. The train will now depart from platform No. 10. Passengers for 1240 to Aurangabad. Please make your way to platform No. 10. Thank you! Happy journey!
3) Say whether the following sentences are true or false.
Teacher asks student to give correct responses.
1) The passengers are waiting for Train No. 1220. false.
2) Train No. 1240 is delayed for 10 minutes. true
3) The passengers are going to Pune by train. false.
4) The announcement has been made at the airport. false.
4) Tick the correct answers.
Teacher asks student to copy the sentences written on the board and tick the correct answers.
1) The Train No. 1240 is going to ………………..
a) Mumbai b) Nashik c) Pune d) Aurangabad
2) The passengers are waiting for ………………
a) Train No. 1240. b) Plane No. 1200 c) Travel Bus No. 31 d) Train No. 120
3) The announcement is made in the ………………….
a) afternoon b) morning c) night d) midnight
4) Which instruction is given by the railway controlling authority?
a) Do not sleep on the railway bench.
b) Observe the pavement marking.
c) Do not purchase anything from outside of the railway station.
5) Teacher asks student to sit in a group of fours. He reads the SOPs to the class and asks student in any two groups to exchange the answers in the task between them.
Standard operating protocols (SOPs) for the passengers travelling in special trains are as follows:
1) The passengers having confirmed e-tickets will be permitted on the premises of the railway station.
2) Passengers should reach the departure station 45 minutes before the departure time of the train.
3) In case of cancellation of tickets, 50% of the amount will be refunded, passengers can cancel their tickets before 24 hours of the departure time of the train.
6) Say whether the following statements are true or false.
Teacher writes the following sentences on the board.
1) The full form of SOP is Standard Operating Passengers.
2) Passengers can cancel their tickets only before 48 hours.
3) Passengers will not be allowed on the premises of the railway station without
4) SOP is the general guidelines for the passengers to follow.
5) If the ticket is confirmed one cannot cancel it at any cost.